The landscape of the Eifel national park offers original beauty and diversity. It is characterised by the appealing image of wooded range of hills, individually formed mountain tops and wide plateaus alternating with beautiful valleys. In this open and stunningly beautiful landscape our hotel “Der Seehof” blends in harmonically. The hotel is situated directly at the Rursee in Heimbach. The Rursee is one of the most beautiful places to rest and do watersports in North Rhine-Westphalia with its tourist ships and little harbours. The national park town Heimbach is an approved resort in the beautiful Eifel.
Tourist attractions – Sights
- RURSEE-SHIPPING + RURSEE-TRAIN: Enjoy memorable hours with the ‘weißen Flotte’ of the “Rursee-Schifffahrt”. Explore the national park Eifel from the water or make a one hour tour with the “Rursee-Bahn” to Heimbach und through the national park Eifel. The rides start just a few meters away from the hotel.
- SAILING, BOATING SCHOOL: Next to the hotel, sailing with or without a skipper, boat leasing, berths, boating school, Becker Wassersport.
- HEIMBACH: Pilgrimage place and officially recognised air resort. Heimbach is the destination for holidaymakers and those seeking relaxation for many decades.
- MARIAWALD ABBEY: The “Kloster Mariawald” is the only monastery for Trappists monks in Germany, in the middle of the national park Eifel near to Heimbach.
- VOGELSANG: The dark history and the proceeding change of the ‘Ordensburg Vogelsang‘ makes it to a worthy tourist attraction.
- UNESCO WORL HERITAGE SITE Aachen Cathedral: Pilgrim church, coronation church and burial place of Charlemagne.
- GAME PRESERVE HELLENTHAL: In the game preserve you can see very close wild animals from the national park Eifel the whole year.
- EIFEL THERMAL BATH ZIKKURAT: “Die Eifel-Therme-Zikkurat” was built as a leisure pool and water park on the culture and recreation ground Zikkurat in Mechernich-Firmenich. On the approx. 13.000 qm large ground of the “Eifel-Therme-Zikkurat” there is, besides the roofed bathing and sauna facilities in the main building, a sauna garden with several saunas, bistro and relaxation rooms.
- There is plenty of NATURE and CULTURE Monschau. in the winding alleys of the historic city and behind romantic half-timbered facades there is a diverse offer of art, culture and museums.
- NATURPARK HOHES VENN: The adjacent Hohe Venn is a unique hill moor area for Europe:
- OUTDOOR MUSEUM KOMMERN: In the “Rheinischen Frelichtmuseum Kommern” of the Rheinland Regional Council you can experience with all senses how people in the Rheinland have lived and worked back in time.
- PHANTASIALAND BRÜHL: According to Parkscout-Awards 2008/2009 the best theme park in Germany.
- CITY OUTLET BAD MÜNSTEREIFEL: Bad Münstereifel is the first so called Outlet-Center throughout Europe, which did not come into excitence at the border or outside a city as it is common. More than 30 brand shops are situated in the historical city along the pedestrian area within the city center. welches nicht wie bisher üblich außerhalb oder am Rand einer Ortschaft entstanden ist.
WATER WORLD EUSKIRCHEN: Finally at the 18th December 2015 – The Thermae & Water World Euskirchen open their gates and invites you to spend a memorable trip under more than 500 real palm trees.